Monday, January 30, 2012

Glitter Calm Down Bottle

My son turned two at the beginning of January, so he's started spending more and more time sitting by him self taking a "calm down"momment. Thanks to our love of hockey we don't do time outs, we do penalty minuets. Depending on the offense you go to the box and serve your penalty minuets. To get my son to focus on calming down and not pouting we have started using a glitter bottle. When he sits down in the "box" we shake the bottle and put it on the table in front of him. He is not allowed to get out of the "box" till the glitter has stop swirling around. It really helps to get his focus and calm down before I go over to speak to him about what he's done, Head butting the dog, using the kitchen sink as a basket ball hoop ext, ext. 
Heres how I made our glitter bottle

SUPPLIES
Glitter (I used Martha Stewart glitter Next time I am going to use a heavier glitter)
Goo Gone ( to get he label off the water bottle)
8oz Water bottle
water
Glue


 I soaked the label off the bottle and used the Goo Gone to take the extra glue off.


I added about 2 tablespoons of glitter into the bottle and filled the rest of the bottle up with water. To stop any little accidents I put some glue around the threads of the bottle and then screwed the cap on.
It takes about 2 minuets for the glitter to settle. It's the perfect amount of time for my two year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment